Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Post Mortem opening was a great success! Unfortunately the week afterward my brain got scrambled by a virus caught from the Channel Warehouse party(which was great, even the cop raid was great). It has taken a while to recover from it. The fever gave me very strange moods and ideas - I made some sweeping resolutions about my life, my artmaking, etc. only to realise they were a bit fatalistic and probably bad ideas. Now I am partially back on the horse kind of.Every now and then I want to stop doing art and go away somewhere but I know I would just end up bored and miserable and it wouldn't end up being much of a relief at all. Also I would have no money.

I'm scouting galleries at the moment in order to have a solo show soon. I was going to have another group show at a bigger location with more artists but after organising the whole Post Mortem thing I've realised that it'll be a lot less stress to just have a solo show next instead.

Right now I'm working on something for the Extra Cheeese Group Show coming up in October. I'm painting a found object and it is taking a while because first off - it is in three dimensions - and secondly it is the first time I have drawn on something directly in a while. I've been using a computer all year and it has been quite productive but also kind of depressing. The show is going to be awesome! All the regulars will be there - I love our little art community - often I wish I could dedicate more time to making art but my lavish standard of living means I will have to juggle art with a day job for a while yet.

I am planning a huge website update. I thought that I may as well considering I am changing webhosts over to an American server very soon. Web-design has only ever been something I've dabbled in every couple of months when I feel like giving my website a complete overhaul - I am mostly shit at it so we will see what happens. It'd be great to take a couple of days of work so I can get it knocked out but I have to leave it till the wee hours - which is a killer on productivity because when you get home after a long day at work you pretty much can't be fucked with anything - especially HTML and coding and all that shit - so wish me luck!

I have photos of the past couple of weeks of frenzied screenprinting and the exhibition opening. I will probbaly post them.

I still haven't done much more oil painting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you luck for the site overhaul, I'm sure absolutely everybody knows what that's like.